Johor is a state in southern Malaysia known to many as a golfers’ paradise because of the top golf courses in Johor and other recreational activities available there. You can find the best golf courses in Johor, lined up next to each other within one hour of drive.
Johor hosted The WAGC – World Amateur Golf Championships 2018. It was a blast because all these top Johor golf courses are architecturally and naturally so beautiful that you can have an awesome playing experience along with an enjoyable stay.
5 Top Golf Courses In Johor
Here is our list of 5 top golf courses in Johor among many just for your convenience.
1. Forest City Golf Resort:
The Forest City Golf course was opened in 2018 and is only 25 minutes away from the Johor city center. This is one of the top golf courses in Johor. Moreover, if you are coming from Singapore it will take you less than 1 hour to reach Forest City golf club in Johor.
This whole, breathtakingly beautiful resort is about 2000 acres. Plus, it also has a luxury hotel and a residential building. You will be amazed to know that this is the first golf course which is designed by the golf legend Jack Nicklaus and his son Jack Nicklaus II.
Forest City Golf Club Johor
The whole golf course is designed in a way that it’s surrounded by the Pulai River. Therefore, you will get a natural landscape of a mangrove reserve which is one of the main attractions in Forest City. Nicklaus and his son both did a very good job of using natural resources by putting them into the landscape. They also used the mangrove clusters to make the foundation of the courses. Finally, at the Forest City golf course, Johor green fees are RM399 on weekdays and RM599 on weekends. Plus, you will be able to find insane prices during promotions that you do not want to miss out on.
Forest City Golf Resort Details:
- Forest City Golf Course has 3 courses built-in international standards.
- Both the 9th and 18th hole has a hill and river view from the player’s standpoint.
- This golf course has the facility of golf carts on the fairways to help disabled golfers and to increase the course’s playability.
- They also have standard female caddies, which is a big boon for Malaysia.
- In the middle of the property, they have a gigantic 5-star hotel which also serves as their clubhouse.
- Thinking about the comfort of the golfers they have a grass turf driving range available before and after their rounds.
- Their facilities and services are top-notch and 5-star standard.
- One of the best Johor golf packages available
2. The Els Club – Desaru Coast:
This golf course is situated in the South East Peninsular Malaysia, just a 1-hour drive from downtown Johor and 1 hour 45 minutes from Singapore if you choose to take the road. Plus, Desaru Coast has two golf courses- the Ocean Course and the Valley Course. The Ocean course was designed by Ernie Els in 2016, whereas the Valley course was designed by Vijay Singh and later jointly developed by Ernie Els in 2017.
In both the courses, you will get some high-risk-reward shots where appropriate club selection is a must. They both provide challenges for all skill levels.
The Els Club Ocean Course Details:
- The Els Club Ocean Course offers 27 holes par 72/37.
- Has a 45,000-square-foot open contemporary clubhouse.
- You will get plenty of comfortable areas to enjoy the view and relax.
- They have a grassed driving range and areas to practice chipping and putting.
- They also have a mandatory cart policy.
- The Els Club Ocean Course doesn’t offer caddies.
The Els Club Valley Course Details:
- The Valley Course offers 18 holes par 72.
- Internationally recognized management company Troon manages this course.
- You will get an undulating landscape in the Valley Course.
- Has a 25,000-square-foot open clubhouse which includes golf shops, locker rooms, and dining facilities.
- Like the Ocean course, it also has a green driving range and areas to practice chipping and putting.
- They don’t offer caddies.
Valley Course (Open Thu-Sun):
3. Horizon Hills Golf and Country Club:
This golf course is one of the most modern and hidden jewels among all the golf courses in Johor. It was established in 2008 and was designed by Ross Watson. Also, this golf course is sitting in the heart of Nusajaya with 1,200 hectares.
Over the years they have brought many changes to the course between their tee and green. Therefore, if you are a golf lover Horizon hills are one of the golf courses which can be included in any playlist while golfing in Johor.
Deemples at Horizon Hills Golf and Country Club
Horizon Hills Golf and Country Club Details:
- This 18-hole golf course has both fast and mint fairways, which is every golfer’s dream.
- The 2010’s Asian Tour’s Iskandar Johor Open was arranged by this club.
- One of the main attractions of this golf course is its sweeping bunkers. These bunkers will not just catch your eyes but also will give you great challenges.
- The 17-million-dollar clubhouse was designed by an Argentinian architect, Ernesto Bedmar.
- This country club also provides 5-star services for the guests and residents. The club includes fine dining and lounge areas, a gym, tennis court, golf shop, and a ballroom.
- It also has a gigantic swimming pool.
- The club offers a correlation to the golfers from other clubs.
4. Palm Resort Golf & Country Club:
This award-winning golf course was established in 1994 and designed by Hiromasa Inagawa. Situated at the southernmost tip of Malaysia. Palm Resort Golf & Country Club is one of the best golf courses in Johor. Also, this golf course is around 800 acres with a backdrop of rolling hills and a green landscape.
It’s only a 3-minute drive from Sultan Ismail Airport to palm resort and 30 minutes from Johor Bahru city center. On the other hand, if you plan to come from Singapore, whether you take the Johor Bahru-Singapore causeway or the second link crossing, it will take you approximately 45 minutes to reach.
Deemples at Palm Resort Golf & Country Club
This golf course also has a driving range and it is near Johor Bahru. Therefore, for anyone living close to Johor Bahru, this is definitely the spot you would want to visit for a relaxing game in the driving range with friends and family.
Palm Resort Golf & Country Club Details:
- Palm Resort & Country Club was no. 1 in Johor by the Golf Malaysia Magazine in 2001/2002 and 2nd best Golf Resort in Asia by the Asian Golf Monthly Magazine in 2002.
- It has three 18-hole golf courses- Allamanda, Cempaka, and Melati, all named after Malaysian flowers. Each course features an amazing landscape.
- In 1998 the Allamanda Course hosted the Johnnie Walker Super Tour. The course also hosted the Davidoff Nations Cup in 2002 and 2004.
- Allamanda golf course has a resort with breathtaking landscape, water features, sand bunker, and greenery. Two signature holes of Allamanda are the 2nd and 15th.
- All golfers have a full driving range, golf academy, and short game facilities.
- Their clubhouse designs are high ceilings, rafters made of wood, and a multi-tiered roof.
- In the clubhouse, you will find locker rooms for males and females, a buggy terminal, and a gymnasium.
- You will get an unforgettable golfing experience at the Palm Resort Golf & Country Club.
5. Tanjong Puteri Golf Resort:
Located in Pasir Gudang, this colorful and constantly growing township is best known for the famous Tanjong Puteri Golf Resort. It was established in 1992 and designed by Max Wexler and Akira Mamiya. Also, it takes around 30-45 minutes to reach there if you use the Singapore-Johor causeway or you are coming from Johor Bahru itself.
Tanjong Puteri is an award-winning golf resort and among the top 5 golf courses in Johor. This golf course is wholesome for both golfing and recreation which makes it more popular among golfers.
Deemples Tanjong Puteri Golf Resort
Tanjong Puteri Golf Resort Details:
- Tanjong Puteri is
an 18-holegolf course where you can play rounds of satisfying golf with your golf buddies. It has three courses- Plantation, Straits, and Village.
- There you will find a pro-shop from where you can select your gears of high-quality brands.
- There are 34 double story villas as well as 20 guestrooms for accommodation
- The restaurant takes care of the dining.
- They have meeting rooms and banquet halls.
- For recreation purposes, they have swimming pools, a gym, a sauna, and other sports for you to take part in.
Plantation Course (Mondays closed):
Straits Course (Tuesdays closed):
Royal Johor Country Club is also another golf course that you should give a try. This 18-hole, Par 72 Johor golf course is located in Johor Bahru and was designed by Dato’ Ahmad Adam, the then Director of the Jabatan Kerja Raya. Furthermore, Royal Johor Country Club is a beautiful and well-maintained golf course with affordable prices. Although this golf course didn’t make the list, it is still very much a great golf course which you must visit.
If you happen to be a Malaysian living in Johor, you may ask yourself, “Is there a Padang golf near me?” well here are top golf courses in Johor with reasonable green fees that you can choose from. If you are looking for a holiday destination, there are also golf resorts in Johor, Malaysia which is a must-try for anyone looking to spend time with friends and family.
Based on our research, we think these are the 5 Top Golf Courses in J
We will make sure you never play golf alone. All you need to create a game using the app and let others join you. Click here to find out more!