14 Mar 5 Top Golf Courses in Johor
Johor, a state in southern Malaysia can be called golfers’ paradise because of the top golf courses and other recreational fun activities available there. You can find top golf courses in Johor, lined up next to each other within one hour of drive.
Johor hosted The WAGC – World Amateur Golf Championships 2018. It was a blast because all these top golf courses in Johor are architecturally and naturally so beautiful that you can have an awesome playing experience along with enjoyable stay.
Here is our list of 5 top golf courses in Johor among many just for your convenience.
5 Top Golf Courses In Johor
The Forest City Golf course was opened in 2018 and is only 25 minutes away from the Johor city center. This is one of the top golf courses in Johor. If you are coming from Singapore it will take you less than 1 hour to reach there.
This whole breathtakingly beautiful resort is about 2000 acres. It also has a luxury hotel and a residential building. You will be amazed to know that this is the first golf course which is designed by the golf legend Jack Nicklaus and his son Jack Nicklaus II.
The whole golf course is designed in a way that it’s surrounded by the Pulai River. You will get a natural landscape of a mangrove reserve which is one of the main attractions in Forest City. Nicklaus and his son both did a very good job on using the natural resource by putting them into the landscape. They also used the mangrove clusters to make the foundation of the courses.
- Forest City Golf Course has 3 courses built in international standard.
- Both the 9th and 18th hole has a hill and river view from the player’s standpoint.
- This golf course has the facility of golf carts on the fairways to
help disabledgolfers and to increase the course playability.
- They also have standard female caddies, which is a big boon for Malaysia.
- At the middle of the property, they have a gigantic 5-star hotel which also serves as their clubhouse.
- Thinking about the comfort of the golfers they have a grass turf driving range available for before and after their rounds.
- Their facilities and services are top
notchand 5-star standard.
This golf course is situated on the South East Peninsular Malaysia, just
In both the courses you will get some high risk-reward shots where appropriate club selection is a must. They both provide challenges for all skill levels.
Highlights of the Ocean Course:
- The Els Club Ocean Course offers 27 holes par 72/37.
- Has a 45,000 square foot open contemporary clubhouse.
- You will get plenty of comfortable areas to enjoy the view and relax.
- They have a grassed driving range and areas to practice chipping and putting.
- They also have a mandatory cart policy.
- The Els Club Ocean Course don’t offer caddies.
Highlights of the Valley Course:
- The Valley Course offers 18 holes par 72.
- Internationally recognized management company Troon manages this course.
- You will get an undulating landscape in the Valley Course.
- Has a 25,000 square foot open clubhouse which includes golf shops, locker rooms and dining facilities.
- Like Ocean course, it also has a green driving range and areas to practice chipping and putting.
- They don’t offer caddies.
Horizon Hills is one of the most modern and hidden jewel among all the golf courses in Johor. It was established in 2008 and was designed by Ross Watson. This golf course is sitting in the heart of Nusajaya with 1,200 hectares.
Around the years they have brought many changes to the course between their tee and green. If you are a golf lover Horizon hills is one of the golf courses which can be included into any playlist while golfing in Johor.
- This 18-hole golf course has both fast and mint fairways, which is every golfer’s dream.
- The 2010’s Asian Tour’s Iskandar Johor Open was arranged by this club.
- One of the main attractions of this golf course is their sweeping bunkers. These bunkers will not just catch your eyes but also will give you great challenges.
- The 17 million dollar clubhouse was designed by an Argentinian architecture, Ernesto Bedmar.
- This country club also provides 5-star services for the guests and residents. The club includes fine dinning and lounge areas, gym, tennis court, golf shop and a ballroom.
- It also has a gigantic swimming pool.
- The club offers correlation to the golfers from other clubs.
This award winning golf course was established in 1994 and was designed by Hiromasa Inagawa. Situated at the southernmost tip of Malaysia. Palm Resort Golf & Country Club is known to be one of the 5 top golf courses in Johor. This golf course is around 800 acres with a backdrop of rolling hills and green landscape.
It’s only 3 minutes drive from Sultan Ismail Airport to palm resort and 30 minutes from Johor Bahru city centre. If you plan to come from Singapore, whether you take the Johor Bahru-Singapore causeway or the second link crossing, it will take you approximately 45 minutes to reach.
- Palm Resort & Country Club was voted no. 1 in Johor by the Golf Malaysia Magazine in 2001/2002 and 2nd
bestGolf Resort in Asia by the Asian Golf Monthly Magazine in 2002.
- It has three 18-hole golf courses- Allamanda, Cempaka and Melati, all named after Malaysian flowers. Each course features amazing landscape.
- In 1998 the Allamanda Course hosted the Johnnie Walker Super Tour. The course also hosted the Davidoff Nations Cup in 2002 and 2004.
- Allamanda golf course has a resort with breathtaking landscape, water features, sand bunker
andgreenery. Two signature hole of Allamanda arethe 2nd and 15th.
- For all
golfersthey have a full driving range, golf academy andshort game facilities.
- Their clubhouse is designed with high ceilings, rafters made by wood and multi-tiered roof.
- In the
clubhouseyou will find locker rooms for male and female, a buggy terminal and a gymnasium.
- You will get an unforgettable golfing experience at the Palm Resort Golf & Country Club.
Located in Pasir Gudang, this colorful and constantly growing township is best known for the famous Tanjong Puteri Golf Resort. It was established in 1992, designed by Max Wexler and Akira Mamiya. It takes around 30-45 minutes to reach there if you use Singapore-Johor causeway or you are coming from Johor Bahru itself.
Tanjong Puteri is an award winning golf resort and among the top 5 golf courses in Johor. This golf course is a wholesome of both golfing and recreation which makes it more popular among golfers.
- Tanjong Puteri is
a 18-holegolf course where you can play rounds of satisfying golf with your golf buddies. It has three courses- Plantation, Straits andVillage.
- There you will find a pro-shop from where you can select your gears of
- There are 34 double story villas as well as 20 guestrooms for accommodation
- The restaurant takes care of the dining.
- They have meeting rooms and banquet halls.
- For recreation purpose, they have swimming pools, gym, sauna
andother sports for you to take part.
Based on our research, we think these are the 5 Top Golf Courses in J
We will make sure you never play golf alone. All you need to create a game using the app and let others join you. Click here to find out more!