01 Mar Public Golf Courses Around Melbourne
Melbourne is best known for its trendy, diverse metropolis, vibrant city centre, inner-city neighbourhoods full of unique character, and lush green parks and mountain ranges where you can enjoy the best of Australian nature. But these are not the only things Melbourne is all about. This city has some of the best public golf courses to offer. Among the long list of golf courses, the following are our picks of the best public golf courses around Melbourne.
Yarra Bend golf course was built is 1936 and is recognized as one of the top public golf courses in Melbourne. This golf course is approximately 10 minutes away from Melbourne CBD. This family-friendly golf course is a perfect countryside getaway, without leaving Melbourne city. The original design of this amazing golf course was influenced by Vern Morcom, who has designed many other best golf courses. In recent years, Ogilvy Clayton Cocking Mead and the expert team restored the layout and upgraded the course.
Whether you’re going around the beautiful open access golf course, practising at the driving range, or entertaining your kids with a mini-golf round, you’ll be struck by the beauty of this place. Yarra Bend is a place where everyone feels welcome.
- Yarra Bend is an 18-hole public golf course just minutes outside Melbourne CBD.
- Only 4 km away from Melbourne CBD.
- Partnered with the world’s leading golf retail provider – Titleist.
- It can accommodate small or large groups for functions and events.
- You can also hire Yarra Bend Adventure Golf for private functions.
- They have the world’s most awarded golf coaching team.
With a picturesque setting alongside the Yarra River, Ivanhoe Public Golf Course is an 18-hole, par 68 golf course. This course is located 10km northeast of the Melbourne CBD. The facility offers a wide range of local flora and fauna and is easily accessible via the nearby Eastern Freeway.
With local flora and fauna, you’re sure to enjoy the long par 3’s and try to take advantage of par 4’s before you have to keep your golf balls dry with par 3’s around the wetlands in the inward holes.
- Ivanhoe Public golf course is an 18-hole par 68 golf course.
- It provides an outstanding scenic beauty of the Yarra River.
- Rental services include- Club car, Pro Shop, Restaurant. Trolley
- In the practice area, you will get- Driving range, Pitching/Chipping area, Putting green.
Malvern Valley Public golf course was established in 1934, located off the Monash Freeway and next to Gardiners Creek. This is a sanctuary free from the hustle and bustle of the city, set in a quiet environment. This 18-hole public golf course offers a challenging game for golfers of all skill levels.
This course has its own maintained water supply and they have recently refurbished the Golf Course Hub. The Malvern Valley Golf Course is a big green corridor in a growing urban area. It is one of the main ecological sites of the City of Stonnington, offering habitat and food for local wildlife. A wide variety of birds visit the golf course, including the red-shrunk parrots, the yellow-tailed black cockatoos, and the Kookaburras. Nesting boxes have been installed around the golf course to provide safe nesting sites for our local birdlife.
- Malvern Valley Golf Course is an 18-hole public golf course with a great picturesque.
- No. 1 event and reception centre for Weddings, Business Events, and Celebration.
- Facilities include- Pro Shop, Lessons and Café.
- Only 10 munites away from South/East from the CBD.
- One of the most accessible public golf courses.
Royal Park Golf Club is located on the northern boundary of Royal Park, Melbourne, Victoria. This public golf course is a 9-hole course, only 3km from the city. Royal Park was established is 1903 and has been the nursery for many great golfers including Peter Thomson who won the Open Championship 5 times. This outstanding public golf course offers a wide range of golfing facilities to the golfers.
Royal Park Public Golf Course is located between Carlton and Brunswick in Parkville and is easily accessible by public transport or private car. Corporate and social golf day packages can be used by our licensed clubhouse.
- Royal Park Golf Club is a 9-hole public golf course.
- They have a fully-equipped pro golf shop.
- Facilities include cart hire, club hire, practice range, and an on-site golf pro.
- Only 3km from the city next to the Melbourne Zoo.
- Golf lessons are available from golf professional Michael Lawn.
Keilor Public Golf Course is well maintained 18-hole public golf course. This golf course has lush fairways and hard fast greens that make it suitable for all levels. Keilor Park is only 20 minutes away from the Melbourne CBD in Melbourne’s north-western suburbs and its open seven days a week.
You will get a nice easy start to the round with a liberal fairway and trees lining the left requiring a straight drive leaving a short iron into the green. The hole is great to get the round off to a great start, and the has the chance to pick up birdie and get going early.
- Keilor Public Golf Course is an 18-hole golf course with lush fairways and suitable for all skill levels.
- It has a 20- bay driving range among other facilities.
- You will get access to PGA-qualified golf professional services from Scott Wearne.
- Facilities include a pro shop, club hire, and cart hire.
Eagle Ridge Golf Course initially started its journey as the smaller Carlogie Golf Course. Later on, they purchased an additional parcel of land and with the design of Kevin Hartley, this championship course began to emerge. With the new layouts and design, Eagle Ridge started operating in December 1989.
In late 2007, in recognition of the challenges, Eagle Ridge closed for a summer to change all its fairways to Santa-Ana couch in order to bring in a more drought-tolerant grass. Despite being one of the best landscaped and featured courses in Melbourne, this golf course always follows the vision of Kevin Hartly which is to bring ‘continuous improvements’.
- Eagle Ridge is an 18-hole par 72 public golf course.
- This golf course is known for its superb hospitality services.
- Perfect for Bucks Parties, Weddings, Year-End Celebrations, Seminars and Conferences.
- It offers junior golfing for kids.
- You can enjoy craft beer and local music with a perfect view.
- They stock all the major brands including Srixon, Titleist, Under Armour, Island Green, Nike and Footjoy.
Melbourne has many private and public golf courses to offer apart from its cultural heritage. In this article, we tried to give you an insight into some of the public golf courses around Melbourne. These golf courses are undoubtedly worth giving a try.
If you happen to be in Melbourne and are in need some golf mates to golf with, Deemples golf app is here to help you. Just create a game using the app and let others join you. Click here to find out more! Happy Golfing and may you never golf alone again!
If you are looking for public courses in the Sandbelt region, we have got you covered in this list here.