Batam is a small island, located in the South China Sea and part of the Riau Archipelago of Indonesia. Regardless of its size, Batam is a busy island and has a population of one million people. Batam also has great attraction for its nightlife along with a wide number of operational ports on the island. If you are planning to visit Batam and love golf, you will get some great golf courses in Batam
Due to its geographical location, you can reach there by a short boat ride from Singapore, only 20 kilometers away, and from Johor, Malaysia its only 25 kilometers.
Padang Golf Sukajadi is an 18 hole golf course, initially designed by golf course designer Thomson, Wolveridge & Perrett back in the 1980s. However, due to the slow economy, it took several years for this golf course to finally start operating in 2009.
This Batam Golf Course is part of a larger property, the Radisson Golf, and Batam Convention Centre, which provides a choice of 240 rooms and suites, making it a perfect place to stay while playing golf. Padang Golf Sukajadi is situated in the middle of Batam City and you can reach there within 15 minutes from Hang Nadim Batam International Airport. Its only 10 minutes from Batam International Ferry Terminal and 10 minutes from Batam City Centre.
There are four tee locations to choose from, making Padang Golf Sukajadi suitable for beginners, and the standard of the course is such that it can easily host a professional golf event. Padang Golf Sukajadi, ranked second-best golf course in Batam in 2014 by Golf Digest Singapore, hosted the first Indonesian Golf Association Amateur Open Golf Championship in 2014 and, more recently, the Ladies Amateur Open Golf Championship.
Sukajadi’s layout measures 6,340 meters with four different sets of tee boxes that cater to golfers of all levels. The course grass is wall-to-wall Seashore Paspalum, giving it a bright green hue all year round. Padang Golf Sukajadi has a great reputation and fantastic on-site facilities, such as a hotel, driving range, pro shop, and restaurant, so it’s obvious to see why it’s considered must-play golf in Batam.
- Padang Golf Sukajadi is an 18 hole par 72 golf course.
- Weekday tee time is always available.
- Public golfing is available.
- Very close to the Hang Nadim Batam international airport.
- Facilities include- Massage, Spa, Fitness, Accommodation, Tennis court, Sauna, Swimming pool.
Established in 1995, Palm Spring Golf and Country Club is a 27 hole par 72/36 golf course. Back in 1989, this golf course was known as Talvas Golf & Country Club with the first nine holes. Later, in 2002 this course was redeveloped, making it one of the most challenging 9 holes in South East Asia. This 27-hole course was designed by Larry Nelson and the International Management Group and is divided into three sets of nine, the Island Course, the Resort Course, and the Palm Course. The water, with several man-made lakes and ponds coming into play throughout the 27 holes, is the most noticeable feature of these courses.
Palm Springs Golf & Country Club is the nearest golf course to Singapore to Batam. When you arrive at the Nongsapura Ferry Terminal, it’s a 5-minute drive to the clubhouse. The views from the golf course are stunning, with the wonderful beach of Nongsa and the modern skyscrapers of Singapore, providing a great backdrop for a round of golf.
- Palm Spring Golf & Country Club is 27 holes par 72/36 golf course.
- The course features three excellent 9-hole layouts – Palm Courses, Resort Course and the Island Course and each of these layouts offer a very different challenge.
- Both professional male and female caddies are in charge of clubs and provide players with assistance throughout the round.
- Facilities include- Accommodation, Golf Academy, Fitness, Golf School, Massage, Restaurants, Riding, Shooting, Sauna, Snooker, Spa, Squash, Tennis and Swimming Pool.
Designed by Greg Norman in 1995, Tering Bay is an 18 hole par- 72 golf course. This golf course offers amazing ocean views as it is located on a 167- hectare site guarding the picturesque bay north of Batam. It provides the choice of four tee boxes, making it playable to golfers of all skills.
The land is generally hilly, and there are many holes in the rainforest. Each hole is unique and it presents different challenges. If you are planning to play in this amazing golf course it will take you a 5 minutes drive from the Nongspura ferry terminal and 30 minutes from Batam Center.
- Tering Bay Golf & Country Club is an 18 hole par-72 golf course.
- It comes with beautiful scenic beauty.
- This course might appear easy, but the design catches most golfers off guard.
- One of the most reasonably priced Batam golf courses.
- Convenient location.
- A pro shop is available.
- Other facilities include- Accommodation, Golf Academy, Massage, Restaurants, Spa, Swimming Pool.
Batam Hills Golf Resort, previously known as the Paradise Bay Golf Club was established in 1993. Later on, it was renovated in 2006 and is located in the Waterfront City area of Batam Island. This 18 hole golf course was designed by Max Wheeler. In the past, the Batam Golf Course has not been well maintained, but the conditions have recently improved considerably. The greens are Bermuda grass, while the fairways are Serangoon local.
You will get a nice golf course view from the connected Batam Hills Golf Resort lounge. It’s surely a good place to unwind and enjoy a drink after a round. If you wish to visit Batam Hills Golf Resort it will take you 30 minutes to reach from Nagoya.
- This is an 18 hole par 72 golf course.
- It comes with a welcoming clubhouse with normal golf services.
- Well trained caddies are available.
- You will get a range of Indonesian, Japanese and Western dishes at reasonable prices.
- Other facilities come with a pro shop, lockers, restaurants and massage services.
Indah Puri Golf Resort comes with a good reputation as one of the most scenic golf courses in Batam. This course was established in 1993 and Ron Fream designed the course. The structure of this golf course challenges golfers of all skill levels.
The turfgrass is a combination of bermuda and local cow grass, which seem to be more and more intrusive these days. Some holes run parallel to the beach, while others run between the lakes and the jungle. The Indah Puri Golf Resort is a beautiful, picturesque and challenging course.
Although not at the same stage as the other Batam golf courses, it does offer good value. The location of this golf course is very near to Batam Center and Sekupang and is also very convenient for golfers to travel by ferry from Singapore. It will take you only 15 minutes drive from Nagoya to get to Indah Puri Golf Resort.
- Indah Puri Golf Resort is an 18 hole par 72 golf course with scenic beauty.
- This golf resort has a huge Clubhouse.
- The restaurant serves reasonably priced Indonesian foods.
- Accommodation, Massage, Restaurants, Swimming Pool and Tennis court are available.
Southlinks Country Club, situated in central Batam offers an 18 hole golf course suitable for golfers of all skills. Japanese golf course architect Hisamitsu Ohnishi designed this golf course. He wanted to create something that would be open to amateurs, but that would also be a good challenge for professionals.
The course was laid out on mostly flat land during its establishment due to which it created more challenges and variety. Book a golf round at the South Links Country Club when you play golf in Batam and you won’t be disappointed. Just 20 kilometers southeast of Singapore, it’s easy to see why this course is popular with locals and visitors alike. This golf course is also very near to Sekupang and Nagoya.
- Southlinks Country Club is an 18 hole golf course.
- Its facilities are one of the stronger points with an aging clubhouse.
- Amenities include- Three on-site restaurants, Srizon branded pro shop.
- Other facilities- Accommodation, Fitness, Golf Academy, Golf School, Massage, Restaurants, Sauna, Snooker, Spa, Squash, Swimming Pool, and Tennis.
Golfing in Batam is the ideal way to enjoy not only a few rounds of golf but also to explore other island activities and accommodation. As Batam is close to Singapore, most golf courses can be played in Batam in one day. These golf courses in Batam will be the cherry on top of your experience in Batam and are some of the best options you can choose from.
If you are in Batam and have no one to play golf with, Deemples golf app is here to help you. We help you find, connect and match with golfers nearby. All you need to create a game using the app and let others join you.