18 Mar COVID-19 Updates
Last Updated: 28 March 2020
Australia (VIC): All golf courses closed from 28th March till 13th April 2020.
Malaysia: All golf courses closed from 18th March till 14th April 2020.
Philippines: All golf courses in Luzon closed from 15th March till 14th April 2020.
Indonesia: Some golf courses are closed. Please check with your local golf course if they’re open.
Brunei: Operating normally
Singapore: Operating normally
- It is Golf Australia’s recommendation that, based on the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services directive issued as part of the Victorian Government’s Stage 2 restrictions regarding COVID-19, all golf clubs and facilities should close as soon as practicable until April 13, 2020.
- The directive that prohibits social sports gatherings applies to golf clubs and facilities, which are classified as ‘recreational facilities’ under clause 5 of the directive. A copy of the directive is located here.
- For more information on other states, please visit Golf Australia’s post.
- The Malaysian government has announced a “Movement Control Order”, which includes the closure of all sports facilities.
- All the golf courses throughout the whole of Malaysia will be closed during this period.
- Paid Rounds – if someone has paid upfront through our app for games during this period, the respective golf courses will compensate with vouchers so that you can play again.
- All golf courses are closed under an “enhanced community quarantine”.
- Currently impacted regions:
It’s important to follow the guidelines issued by WHO and your country’s Health Ministry, even if your country isn’t affected by this outbreak.
Stay safe so that we can golf more in the future!