Brunei is a tiny country on the Borneo Island of Asia surrounding by Malaysia and the South China Sea. Apart from the world’s one of the oldest rainforests, historical architects and a burst of flavors in food Brunei has a lot more to offer. You can find some of the best golf courses in Brunei with the top class facilities.
It is not only an attraction to the tourists but also holiday heaven for the golfers also. If you are a golfer and also loves to travel around the world to check out different golf courses then you won’t be disappointed. You can play golf and relax at the same time there. What more do you need?
Here is our list of best golf courses in Brunei just for our amazing readers. Happy Reading!
Best Golf Courses in Brunei
Soak in the breathtakingly beautiful sea view The Empire course opened in 1990, designed by Jack Nicklaus. You can reach there from Brunei International Airport within 30 minutes drive.
The Empire Hotel & Country Club is not only best known for its golf course but also it is Brunei’s one of the most prestigious and lavish beach resorts.
From its two nines loop opposite from the hotel, you will get a mesmerizing view of the South China Sea along with the lush fairways. If you are in Brunei you wouldn’t want to miss this masterpiece.
- The Empire Hotel & Country Club is an 18 hole golf course with a luxurious hotel.
- Got the title of ‘Best Golf Resort in Asia Pacific’ by Asian Golf Monthly in December 2010.
- They have been hosted the Aberdeen Brunei Senior Masters since 2009.
- Top class services and facilities.
- You will get a number of different food items from their local and international cuisine.
- Can cater large meetings and events of approximately 1,500 people.
- Offers night golfing.
- They also have amenities including spa, sauna, massage & treatment room, prayer room.
- They have golf school and golfing lessons are also available.
- Pro shop with latest stocks.
Located at the Kota Batu Road, Pantai Mentiri Golf Club was established in 1983. This golf course was designed by the famous Ron Fream. Pantai Mentiri is only 17 minutes drive from Brunei International Airport.
This amazing golf course has hosted many leading amateur and professional golf tournaments but their finest hour arrived in 1999 when they achieved regional prominence by hosting the golfing elements in the 20th South-East Asia Games.
- Pantai Mentiri Golf Club has an 18 hole golf course, designed with international standard.
- Well maintained golf club with amazing scenic beauty.
- Facilities include restaurants, function rooms, changing rooms and prayer room.
- Driving range available.
- Offers Buggy & Trolley hiring.
This Golf Club is located between Seria and Kuala Belait in the Southern part of Brunei Negara Darussalam. It will take 1 hour and 14 minutes drive to reach the golf club from Brunei International Airport.
This golf club was established in 1929 and since then it has been an attraction to travelers and golfers around the world. With having members over 1200 and 40 social and sports section, this club is unbeatable in the range and quality of the facilities it offers.
- This golf club has two 18 hole golf courses- The Likap Nine & The Raja Udang.
- In 1978 they hosted the first Brunei Open.
- Their facilities include- Restaurant, Café, Bar and function rooms.
- A breathtaking clubhouse.
- For entertainment purpose they have Arts & Crafts room, Mums and toddlers recreational facility, Dancing & Music lessons, Swimming pool, Gym, Tennis Courts, Badminton Courts, Sailing club, Basketball Courts, Library.
- For outdoor activity they have Football, Hockey, Cricket, Rugby and many more options.
- Shoe and Trolley rental option.
The Royal Brunei Airlines Golf Club or RBA Golf Club as it is known, is a public course, located very close to the Brunei International Airport. It is only 10 minutes drive from Bandar Seri Begawan.
This course was designed by Max Wexler. The layout of this course is generally flat land with huge man-made lakes surrounding the course. The lakes adds a different charm to the course, creating challenges for the golfers.
- RBA Golf Club is an 18 hole golf course.
- It is the first 18 hole public golf course in Brunei.
- Offers an amazing picturesque.
- Amenities include- Restaurant, Bar, Function Rooms, Changing Rooms and Prayer Room.
- A clubhouse with beautiful view.
- 30-bay flood-lit driving range.
- Buggy and Club hiring option
If you already roaming around Brunei for golfing, we will recommend you to check out the Golf Courses in Miri, Sarawak also. It’s easy to go to Miri from Brunei. You can go by air or you can even go by road. It will take 2h & 16 min (134 km) drive via Seria By-Pass. You can play on different types of golf courses in different countries within hours apart!How cool is that!!!
Based on our research, we think these are the Best Golf Courses in Brunei, that you should try when you are there. If you happen to be in Brunei and have no one to play golf with,
We will make sure you never play golf alone. All you need to create a game using the app and let others join you. Click here to find out more!