Brunei is a tiny country on the Borneo Island of Asia surrounded by Malaysia and the South China Sea. Apart from the world’s one of the oldest rainforests, historical architects and a burst of flavors in food Brunei has a lot more to offer. You can find some of the best golf courses in Brunei with top-class facilities. A Brunei golf course will have everything you would expect from a golf course and more. Therefore, it is one of the most ideal places for golfers to golf. Brunei is also known for its colorful flora and fauna which will add a lot to the golfing experience.
It is not only an attraction to the tourists but also a holiday heaven for the golfers also. If you are a golfer and also love to travel around the world to check out different golf courses then you won’t be disappointed. You can play golf and relax at the same time there. What more do you need?
Best Golf Courses in Brunei
Here is our list of the best Brunei golf courses just for our amazing readers. Happy Reading!
1. The Empire Hotel & Country Club
Soak in the breathtakingly beautiful sea view The Empire course opened in 1990, designed by Jack Nicklaus. You can reach there from Brunei International Airport within 30 minutes drive.
This course hosted the inaugural Brunei Open on the Asian Tour back in 2005. It has gained the reputation of the region’s “Sultanate of Swing” among the Southeast Asian countries.
The Empire Hotel & Country Club is not only best known for its golf course but also it is Brunei’s one of the most prestigious and lavish beach resorts.
From its two nines loop opposite the hotel, you will get a mesmerizing view of the South China Sea along with the lush fairways. If you are in Brunei you wouldn’t want to miss this masterpiece.
The Empire Hotel Golf club Details
- The Empire Hotel & Country Club is an 18-hole golf course with a luxurious hotel.
- Got the title of ‘Best Golf Resort in the Asia Pacific by Asian Golf Monthly’ in December 2010.
- They have hosted the Aberdeen Brunei Senior Masters since 2009.
- Top-class services and facilities.
- You will get a number of different food items from their local and international cuisine.
- Can cater large meetings and events of approximately 1,500 people.
- It Offers night golfing.
- They also have amenities including the spa, sauna, massage & treatment room, and prayer room.
- They have a golf school and golfing lessons are also available.
- Pro shop with the latest stocks at Empire Golf Club, Brunei.
2. Pantai Mentiri Golf Club
Located at the Kota Batu Road, Pantai Mentiri Golf Club, Brunei was established in 1983. This golf course was designed by the famous Ron Fream. Pantai Mentiri is only 17 minutes drive from Brunei International Airport.
This amazing golf course has hosted many leading amateur and professional golf tournaments but its finest hour arrived in 1999 when it achieved regional prominence by hosting the golfing elements in the 20th South-East Asia Games.
Pantai Mentiri Golf Club Details
- Pantai Mentiri Golf Club has an 18-hole golf course, designed with international standards.
- Well-maintained golf club with amazing scenic beauty.
- Facilities include Pantai Mentiri Golf Club restaurants, function rooms, changing rooms, and a prayer room.
- Pantai Mentiri Driving range is available.
- Offers Buggy & Trolley hire.
3. Panaga Golf Club
This Golf Club is located between Seria and Kuala Belait in the Southern part of Brunei Negara Darussalam. It will take a 1 hour and 14 minutes drive to reach the golf club from Brunei International Airport.
This golf club was established in 1929 and since then it has been an attraction to travelers and golfers around the world. With members of over 1200 and 40 social and sports sections, this club is unbeatable in the range and quality of the facilities it offer
Panaga Golf Club Details
- This golf club has two 18 hole golf courses- The Likap Nine & The Raja Udang.
- In 1978 they hosted the first Brunei Open.
- Their facilities include- Restaurant, Café, Bar and function rooms.
- A breathtaking clubhouse.
- For entertainment purpose they have Arts & Crafts room, Mums and toddlers recreational facility, Dancing & Music lessons, Swimming pool, Gym, Tennis Courts, Badminton Courts, Sailing club, Basketball Courts, Library.
- For outdoor activity they have Football, Hockey, Cricket, Rugby and many more options.
- Shoe and Trolley rental option.
4. Royal Brunei Airlines Golf Club
The Royal Brunei Airlines Golf Club or RBA Golf Club, Brunei as it is known, is a public course, located very close to the Brunei International Airport. It is only 10 minutes drive from Bandar Seri Begawan.
Royal Brunei Golf Club was designed by Max Wexler. The layout of this course is generally flat land with huge man-made lakes surrounding the course. The lakes adds a different charm to the course, creating challenges for the golfers.
RBA Golf Club green fees for visitors is B$60 for nine holes and B$90 for 18 holes on Mondays to Thursdays and also Saturdays. Meanwhile on Fridays and Sundays, the fees are B$80 and B$12 respectively.
Royal Brunei Airlines Golf Club Details
- Royal Brunei Golf & Country Club is an 18-hole, par-72 golf course.
- It is the first 18 hole public golf course in Brunei.
- Offers an amazing picturesque.
- Amenities include- Restaurant, Bar, Function Rooms, Changing Rooms and Prayer Room.
- A clubhouse with beautiful view.
- 30-bay flood-lit driving range.
- RBA Driving Range Opening Hours are from 6am to 5pm.
- Buggy and Club hiring option
Brunei to Miri:
If you already roaming around Brunei for golfing, we will recommend you to check out the Golf Courses in Miri, Sarawak also. It’s easy to go to Miri from Brunei. You can go by air or you can even go by road. It will take 2h & 16 min (134 km) drive via Seria By-Pass. You can play on different types of golf courses in different countries within hours apart!How cool is that!!!
Based on our research, we think these are the Best Golf Courses in Brunei, that you should try when you are there. If you happen to be in Brunei and have no one to play golf with,
We will make sure you never play golf alone. All you need to create a game using the app and let others join you. Click here to find out more!