18 Mar 5 Best Golf Courses in Penang
When we talk about Penang, we all know it is the ultimate travel destination for travellers. From food to art Penang has everything a traveler can ask for. But if you are a traveler and a golfer then Deemples has good news for you! In our article, we have featured 5 Best Golf Courses in Penang to make your vacation more exciting.
Located in the Northwest, Penang is a state of Malaysia. It covers the mainland Seberang Perai and Penang Island. Apart from 5 Best Golf Courses in Penang, you will also find legendary landmarks like- Colonial Fort Cornwallis, Khoo Kongsi and the Kapitan Keling Mosque. To the west, there is Penang Hill with its streams, gardens and panoramic beauty.
Here is our list of 5 Best Golf Courses in Penang among many just for your convenience.
5 Best Golf Courses in Penang
Bukit Jawi Golf Resort is situated in Peninsula Malaysia and just 45 minutes drive away from Penang International Airport. The resort was established in 1992. Khor Kheng & Wong Yew Kuan designed the resort. The whole resort is set in a tropical landscape. This resort is built in a hilly oil palm plantation with large water bodies around it.
This place is around 20 kilometers away from Penang Island and be
- Bukit Jawi offers two golf courses- The Hill Course and The Lake Course.
- Both the courses will give you some challenging and rewarding experience.
- Their hill course is about 6,385 meters with 18-hole par-72.
- Because of its length you would need more accuracy.
- In the 9th and 18th hole you will face threatening water hazards.
- Compared to the Hill Course the Lake Course has more water hazards and sand bunkers.
- The Lake Course is about 6,163 meters with 18-hole par-72.
- The resort has 48 bay driving range and restaurants with all the other facilities.
Penang Golf Club, formerly known as Bukit Jambul Country Club is located in Penang Island. This golf club was built on a
From the golf club you will get an astonishing panoramic view of the penang bridge, villas, apartments and the Equatorial Hotel as a backdrop. The layout of this golf course focuses more on the accuracy rather than the distance of the tee.
- It is an 18-hole, par-72 golf course which is quite compact.
- The layouts of this course are tricky where you’re your shot has to be accurate and calculated.
- This golf course selected as the venue for the 31st Malaysia Open in 1992 where Vijay Sing won the game.
- On the 8th hole par-3, you will get some testing tee shots.
- Though this course might feel compact, its scenic view will amaze you and will make you enjoy your game.
- The clubhouse offers small and large private rooms, also serves Japanese and Chinese cuisine. They also have a good stock of “Sake” and “Shochu” from Kagoshima, Japan.
- An awesome place to spend some time with your family.
- Very close to hotels, restaurants and shops.
Penang Golf resort is located in Seberang Perai Utara, in a newly developed township. It is around 21 kilometers away from Penang City Center. The famous golf course architect Graham Marsh designed Penang golf resort in 1995.
It occupies a land around 6,324 meters and is promoted as “Malaysian’s Jewel” of North. Penang golf resort is one of the 5 best golf courses in Penang for its wide fairways, tee and the layout among all the other golf courses.
- Penang Golf Resort has two golf courses- The East golf course and The West golf course.
- They have transformed a large palm oil plantation into two layouts.
- Both the courses are identical and offer 36-hole, par-72.
- You will get plenty of stylishly designed water hazard and bunkers.
- You will find outlined fairways and flat landscape across the course. There are golf holes as far as you can look at, but you will be surprised to know the distance between one hole to another.
- Overall you will get a soothing feel from the tee, but you need to be careful while making the shots because of the water hazards. Especially on the front and back nine.
- They have a shared clubhouse where you’ll get pro shops and two restaurants. You will get local Penang dishes and traditional Chinese foods there.
- Penang Golf Resort also has event facilities, a swimming pool, a gym
anda computer room.
Kulim Golf & Country Resort is very popular among the locals and foreign golfers as it’s in the
John Michael Poellot designed this golf resort in 1998. It is 20 kilometers far from Butterworth, only 15 minutes drive from Penang and 40 minutes drive from Bayan Lepas International Airport.
- It’s a 27-hole international course where golfers not only enjoy playing but also can enjoy the beautiful surrounding.
- The aim of the course and clubhouse is to encourage sportsmanship, social activities among the golfers.
- They offer wide range of top-class services for the golfers including entertainment, food & beverage and residential facilities.
- The resort also provides sporting and leisure time activities like tennis, squash, swimming, aerobics, snookers, sauna, banquet halls, Jacuzzi, gym and children’s playground.
Mountain View Golf Resort is located in Simpang Ampat on the mainland of Penang. This golf resort formerly known as Kristal Golf Resort which closed in 2007. Soon after closing, the resort was developed and reopened as Mountain View Golf Resort. After reopening this golf resort has gradually made
The famous professional Japanese golfer Hideyo Sugimoto designed
Mountain View Golf Resort. He planned the course to give challenges to golfers of all levels. This resort is the only hill course in the Northern region.
- In Mountain View, you will get an amazing experience of golf with 18-hole.
- The first few holes will bring you to the comparatively flatter section of the golf course.
- At the flat part of the course, there are palm trees lined up with water hazards to make the game more challenging to the golfers.
- In Mountain View, they assure quality golf at an affordable price.
- The most accomplished players will face difficulties because of the design of the course.
We think these are the 5 Best Golf Courses in Penang, Malaysia. You can not only enjoy Golfing there but also can visit famous places in Penang. If you are in Penang and have no one to play golf with, Deemples golf app is here to help you.
We will make sure you never play golf alone. All you need to create a game using the app and let others join you. Click here to find out more!
Just in case you’re also traveling to Johor, you can also check this article “5 Top Golf Courses in Johor” on our website. Happy Golfing!!! 🙂