Singapore is synonymous with its charming infrastructure, not to mention its booming tourism industry. The country is also known for having the best healthcare thanks to its world-class health infrastructure. Not only that, Singapore is one of the wealthiest countries in Southeast Asia. But with great wealth, there must also come great fun. By fun, we mean golf of course! In addition to all the great things the country has to offer, they’ve also managed to birth some of the best golf courses in Singapore. These golf courses are definitely worth the investment but before you do anything, let us first convince you.
Best Golf Courses in Singapore
Therefore, let’s take a look at the 5 best golf courses in Singapore
1. Sentosa Golf Club
This club is undoubtedly one of the top golf courses in the world. Sentosa Golf Club (SGC) is known for its Championship golf courses – The Serapong and The Tanjong. The club is located just 7 minutes away from Tanjung Beach.
First of all, The Serapong is a challenging par-72 course that was designed by Ronald Fream and was opened to the world in 1982. This 6675-meter course has won many awards over the years, one of which includes the Best Golf Course in Singapore by Golf Digest in 2009.
On the other hand, The Tanjong is one of the best-manicured layouts in Asia. Although the course isn’t as renowned as The Serapong, it still has its own unique features. This par-72 course was established in 1993 after it was built and designed by Max Wexler who was inspired by Alister Mackenzie’s style of architecture. The Tanjong provides one of the best championship experiences in Singapore.
Sentosa Golf Club Details
- The Serapong is the world’s Top 100 golf courses and is the host of the Singapore Open.
- The Tanjong showcases amazing views of metropolitan Singapore from almost every hole.
- The driving range is open to non-members after payment of bay fees at the Golf Reception.
- Price for golf set rental is $80 per set.
- For more info, please visit Sentosa Golf Club.
Sentosa Golf Club Course Details
Sentosa Golf Club Green Fees
|Weekdays||$240 – $370|
|Weekends||$320 – $500|
2. Seletar Country Club
The 18-hole golf course at Seletar Country Club is truly a gem especially after its 18-month revamp in 2020. This rural course in the North of Singapore was designed by Chris Pitman who decided on creating a challenging playing experience for golfers. At first glance, the course demands calculated ball striking and strategy and have proved its uniqueness because of it. This 6364-meter course provides a ton of excitement along with the right amount of challenge to satisfy anyone who decides to take on this course.
Seletar Country Club Details
- Their new and improved driving range was reopened in 2019.
- Offers 2 tiers with a total of 52 practice bays.
- Members and visitors must abide by the dress code in the golf courses and driving range.
- Awarded the Best Renovated Golf Course in Asia Pacific in the Global Golf Awards 2020.
- Other facilities include bowling, a gymnasium, swimming pools, a tennis court, and martial arts, classes.
- For more info, please visit Seletar Country Club.
Seletar Country Club Course Details
Seletar Country Club Green Fees
3. Laguna National Golf & Country Club
This acclaimed landmark on the Asian golfing scene is by far one of the most majestic courses in Singapore. Laguna National Golf & Country Club is a 36-hole golf course with amazing grounds that are divided into two: Classic Course and the Masters Course.
Firstly, the Classic Course or also known as “The Beast” is highly praised for its difficulty and formidability. However, the course remains visually pleasing despite it being fairly difficult. Nevertheless, the course is loads of fun for that exact reason and most will find the 146 bunkers, smooth putting surfaces and 5 water features a treat to play around with. This course was built in 1993 but was later redesigned in 2010. Then, in 2017 they reconfigured the course entirely by adding and removing holes, improving greens, and modernizing the fairways.
Next, the Maters Course or commonly referred to as “The Grand Old lady” for still standing strong despite its age. This course has been around for three decades and has won plenty of awards. After an extensive upgrade in 2017, they reopened with a more visually satisfying look and new and improved course.
Laguna National Golf & Country Club Details
- There are 10 Toptracer Range Bays equipped with 43-inch television monitors.
- Four-seat sofa lounge with coffee tables are provided.
- Their 50-bay floodlit range is available for both members and visitors.
- Their Leadbetter Golf Academy is staffed by LGA professionals.
- The Stay & Play package requires a Golf handicap.
- For more info, please visit LNGCC Details.
Laguna National Golf & Country Club (Masters) Course Details
Laguna National Golf & Country Club Green Fees
|Weekdays||$225 – $245|
|Weekends||$335 – $355|
4. National Service Resort & Country Club (NSRCC)
National Service Resort & Country Club (NSRCC) is one of the top private golf courses in Singapore. This 18-hole championship golf course is located just 9 minutes away from Singapore Changi Airport. You could practically walk your way to the resort as soon as you land in Changi.
Max Wexler, a renowned architect designed the famous NSRCC with great detail. Subsequently, Ted Parslow of Parslow & Winter Golf Design had tweaked the course to add some extra new details. They also offer another 18-hole course at Kranji so members can enjoy two clubs for the price of one. Not to mention, they also have full clubhouse facilities at Changi, making this resort packed with activities and fun.
In 1994, the club was initially given a different name but was later on changed to its current name to showcase its members which are predominantly men from the Army, Air Force, Civil Defence, and the Police Force.
National Service Resort & Country Club (NSRCC) Details
- The Sky Range is the first ever elevated driving range in Southeast Asia.
- A total of 42 Practice bays are spread across 3 levels with 14 at each level.
- NRSCC awards a Handicap Index when members pass their test.
- Hole-In-One Achievers will get an honorary mention on their website.
- Junior Golf Development Programme (JGDP).
- For more info, please visit NRSCC.
National Service Resort & Country Club (NSRCC) Course Details
National Service Resort & Country Club (NSRCC) Green Fees
|Weekdays||$27.82 – $180.83|
|Weekends||$43.87 – $227.13|
5. Marina Bay Golf Course
The famous Marina Bay Golf Course in Singapore is the Island’s only 18-hole public golf course and one of Asia’s best public golf courses to date. South African designer, Phil Jacobs designed the course which opened in 2006. Marina Bay offers one of the best liked-styled courses that you can find in Asia. Plus, it features 66 pot bunkers with different sizes and depths and a wide range variety in hole lengths. In addition to that, they’ve also made it easier for beginners. With the introduction of the 211 meters, par 24, a 6-hole course in 2017, anyone can get their start in golf.
Marina Bay Golf Course Details
- Four-tiered driving range with an outfield of 270m.
- 114 bays equipped with Total Range™ advanced tracking technology.
- Assembled many prestigious awards includes- ‘Best Course in Singapore’, ‘Best Value for Money Experience’, and ‘Best Public Golf Course in Asia Pacific’ at the annual Asian Golf Awards.
- Provides a night golfing facility (Available on Tuesdays to Fridays only).
- Other facilities include- Golf Academy, Golf School, Pro Shop, Car Detailing Workshop, and Restaurants.
- No longer 85 pot bunkers, now we have 66 pot bunkers.
- We have introduced 34 waste bunkers as new features to the golf course (since 2021).
- Total Range™ Monitor Launch System by Foresight will be phased out from the driving range by 25 April 2022.
- Range outfield now houses 17 target greens surrounded by waste bunkers to allow golfers a clear view of their shots.
- After listing charges, including those charges are exclusive of 10% service charge and prevailing Goods & Services Tax.
- Guest Relations Counter Operation Hours:
- 6.15 am – 9.00 pm (Saturday, Sunday, and public holidays)
- 6.15 am – 10.00 pm (Tuesday to Friday)
- For more info, please visit Marina Bay Golf Course.
Marina Bay Golf Course Details
Marina Bay Golf Course Green Fees
|Weekdays||$52.50 – $130|
|Weekends||$72.50 – $225|
So, there you go! These are our picks for the best private golf courses in Singapore. We hope you were able to get something useful out of this list and possibly even some inspiration to give these best country clubs in Singapore a try. Nevertheless, if you enjoyed this list then check out the best affordable golf courses in Singapore for some budget-friendly options.
Finally, if you’re looking for golf partners because you have nobody to play with, then Deemples is the app for you.
Deemples is the app that makes sure you never golf alone. It’s super simple to use, all you do is join/create a game, and boom! You now have golf partners to play with.
Be sure to download the Deemples App for some great deals!