Singapore is undoubtedly one of the most advanced countries in Southeast Asia. This country is a global hub for tourism, education, technology, trade, human capital, healthcare, innovation, transportation, and so on. A perfect vacation spot for anyone but for golfers who want to golf when they travel. That’s why in this article, we are going to talk about the best affordable golf courses in Singapore.
Singapore is recognized as the most technology-ready nation. This city is almost built to perfection but the downside is the expensive living cost. There are a lot of amazing golf courses in Singapore but also pricey. That’s why we came up with the best affordable golf courses in Singapore to help out the golfers.
Below is the list of the Best Affordable Golf Courses in Singapore. Happy Reading!
Best Affordable Golf Courses in Singapore
1. Champions Golf Course:
Champion Golf Course formerly known as the Green Fairways is located at 60 Fairways Drive, Bukit Timah. It is said to be Singapore’s most central golf complex. This amazing golf course was established in 1998 by Champion professional golfer and PGA coach Alan Murray and Garry Overy.
The aim was to provide quality golf coaching to all types of golfers. The course now has new management with better tee boxes and well-maintained fairways. If you want to improve your game, Champions has a 60-bay driving range, and as it is a public golf course you can turn up and play.
The golf course is very cheap and ideal for juniors to practice out before trying out other intimidating golf courses. If you are coming from Changi Airport Singapore it will take you a 28-minute drive to get there.
Champions Golf Course Details:
- Champions golf is a 9-hole par 34 golf course.
- Golf Academy with some of the leading international PGA professionals.
- Well stocked pro shop.
- Two restaurants.
- Mini golf and junior academy, a local venue for the families.
- Most experienced PGA professional coaches from Singapore, Australia, England, Korea, and the USA.
- Rated by the Singapore Golf Association for Handicapping.
- Weekdays (9-hole): SGD $35
- Weekdays (18-hole): SGD $52.50
- Weekends (9-hole): SGD $60
- Weekends (18-hole): SGD $90
- Sunday (1 P.M onwards for 9-hole) : SGD $45
- Sunday (1 P.M onwards for 18-hole): SGD $67.50
2. Mandai Executive Golf Course:
Located next to Upper Seletar Reservoir Mandai Executive Golf Course was established in 1993 with the design of Max Wexler. This friendly golf course features a wide variety of par 3s and 4s which allows the golfers to use most of the clubs in their bag.
It is also a perfect place for beginners as well as professional players who want to sharpen their game skills. They also have a 49 bay driving range, a perfect location for beginners. This incredible public golf course in Singapore is only 23 minutes away from Changi Airport Singapore.
Mandai Executive Golf Course Details:
- Mandai Executive is a 9-hole par 29 public golf course.
- They have a 40 bay driving range.
- Pitching and putting greens are also available.
- A package for junior golfers.
- A complete package for beginners who what to acquire their golf Proficiency Certificates.
- Legally associated with Singapore Golf Association (SGA).
- Their USGA Handicap certification/card is accepted worldwide.
- Open for corporate events.
- Weekdays: SGD $30 + GST
- Saturday/ Sunday: SGD $40 + GST
Deemples at Mandai Executive Golf Course
3. Marina Bay Golf Course:
Located on the East Coast on the way to Changi Airport, Marina Bay Golf Course opened in 2006 as the first fully public golf course in Singapore. This Singapore public golf course is one of only a handful of links courses in Asia. Marina Bay Golf Course is also the first golf course that introduced the only par-6 hole on the island.
Since its opening, this golf course has been awarded several prestigious awards. Designer Phil Jacobs has designed the entire golf course with unique challenges for the golfers that make this a gem among other golf courses in Singapore.
As it’s very near to the Changi Airport it will take you only a 19-minute drive from the airport and 10 minutes from Singapore city center.
Marina Bay Golf Course Details:
- Four-tiered driving range with an outfield of 270m.
- 114 bays equipped with Total Range™ advanced tracking technology.
- Assembled many prestigious awards includes- ‘Best Course in Singapore’, ‘Best Value for Money Experience’, and ‘Best Public Golf Course in Asia Pacific’ at the annual Asian Golf Awards.
- Provides a night golfing facility.
- Other facilities include- Golf Academy, Golf School, Pro Shop, Car Detailing Workshop, and Restaurants.
- No longer 85 pot bunkers, now we have 66 pot bunkers.
- We have introduced 34 waste bunkers as new features to the golf course (since 2021).
- Total Range™ Monitor Launch System by Foresight will be phased out from the driving range by 25 April 2022.
- Range outfield now houses 17 target greens surrounded by waste bunkers to allow golfers a clear view of their shots.
- After listing charges, to include that charges are exclusive of 10% service charge and prevailing Goods & Services Tax.
- Guest Relations Counter Operation Hours:
6.15am – 9.00pm (Saturday, Sunday and public holidays)
6.15am – 10.00pm (Tuesday to Friday)
Marina Bay Golf Course Operating Hours:
|Day Golf |
|Day Golf |
|Evening Golf |
|Night Golf |
|Tue-Fri||6.28AM – 11.48AM|
12.04PM – 3.24PM
|6.30AM – 8.20AM||3.32PM – 4.28PM||4.36PM – 5.48PM||6.10PM – 8.30PM|
|Sat & Sun||6.28AM – 11.48AM|
12.04PM – 3.00PM
|6.30AM – 8.20AM|
3.10PM – 5.00PM
Driving Range: 7.00AM – 10.45PM (Tue-Sun)
Marina Bay Golf Course Price For Visitors:
- Weekdays A.M/ P.M (9-hole): SGD $82.50
- Weekdays A.M/ P.M (18-hole): SGD $130
- Saturday/ Sunday (9-hole): SGD $120
- Saturday/ Sunday (18-hole): SGD $225
4. Changi Golf Club:
Located only 17 minutes drive away from Changi International Airport, Changi Golf Club was basically constructed by the RAF Changi personnel who decided to create a section for golfing. They made a layout with few holes on the sports field without having any bunkers. The golf course was actually ready to play in 1949.
Changi is a historical place that reminds Singapore’s connection with WWII. Back in time when the RAF left Singapore in 1971, the club was taken by the pioneer group of Changi Golf Club. The course and the clubhouse have been upgraded since then.
Changi is very affordable and open to the public in today. A great place if you are looking for some challenges.
Changi Golf Club Details:
- Changi Golf Club is a 9-hole golf course with a historical background.
- The 8th fairway of this golf club was listed in the Guinness Book Records for being the narrowest fairway in the world, but they have widened it after.
- A private golf course but open to the public at an affordable price.
- A tight and challenging golf course.
- Their clubhouse facility includes- Chinese restaurants, a golfers lounge, a golfers terrace, a function room, a card room, and a karaoke room.
- Weekdays A.M/P.M (9-hole): SGD $48.15
- Weekdays A.M/ P.M (18-hole): SGD $96.30
5. Sembawang Country Club:
Sembawang Country Club was founded in 1967 by the British Marines and within one year the Prime Minister opened a 9-hole golf course. This golf course was located near a British airbase which served both as a Royal Air Force station (RAF Sembawang) and a Royal Naval Air Station (HMS Simbang).
In 1977 the 9-hole golf course was turned into an 18-hole golf course by SAF. If you are coming from Changi International Airport it will take you only 24 minutes to get there.
Sembawang Country Club Details:
- An 18-hole par 72 golf course with amazing historical background.
- Ranked 6th in Singapore by Golf Digest in 2015.
- A private golf course but open to the public at an affordable price.
- Other facilities include- Driving range, well-stocked pro shop, golf academy, gym, swimming pool, mahjong room, members lounge, indoor playroom, and outdoor playground.
- Weekdays (Whole day): SGD $160
- Weekdays (Evening 9-hole): SGD $80
- Weekends (Whole day): SGD $200
- Weekends (Evening 9-hole): SGD $100
6. Orchid Country Club:
Located alongside a truly picturesque waterway of Sungei Seletar Reservoir, Orchid Country Club is one of the most breathtaking golf courses in Singapore. This astonishing golf course was designed under the supervision of the late former President of Singapore, Mr. Ong Teng Cheong.
This club offers three amazing 9-hole courses, named after orchids- the Aranda, Vanda, and Dendro. The whole golf club has flawlessly manicured fairways and greens. Orchid Country Club is very near to Changi International Airport and will take you only a 26 minutes drive. If you love golfing then you will surely love this place.
Orchid Country Club Details:
- Orchid Country Club has three amazing 9-hole championship golf courses.
- A private golf course but open to the public
- Hosted the Singapore Open in 1999.
- Hosted Handa Singapore Classic in 2010 and 2011.
- 160 bay driving range which is one of the biggest driving ranges in South East Asia.
- Weekdays A.M: SGD $125
- Weekdays P.M: SGD $150
- Saturday/ Sunday : SGD $275
Deemples at Orchid Country Club
Based on our research, we think these are the Best Affordable Golf Courses in Singapore. You will love the golfing experience there as well as you can also enjoy roaming around the smartest city in the world.
The best part is you don’t have to worry about getting membership in these golf courses just golf whenever you want. But If you have no one to play golf with, the
We will make sure you never play golf alone. All you need to create a game using the app and let others join you. Click here to find out more!
You can check out the Best Driving Ranges in Singapore if you need to warm up before the big play day. Plus if you want to golf cheaper then just drive 1 hour from Singapore to Johor, Malaysia, and find the 5 Cheapest Golf Courses in Johor.
Common FAQs About Golf in Singapore
How many golf courses in Singapore?
Singapore has 17 golf courses in total,14 of which are private and 3 are public.
What are the Singapore golf club membership prices?
In estimate, the prices of golf club memberships in Singapore range from S$5,000 to S$320,000.
What is the cheapest golf membership in Singapore?
The cheapest membership costs around S$5,000 which is the Orchard Country Club’s Silver 2023 plan.
The cheapest driving range in Singapore?
The lowest fee for a driving range in Singapore is S$0.04 per ball which is quite common in most golf courses in Singapore.