It might be scary to start golf as a beginner. Golf is one of those games that you can start any time you want. First few games are going to be tough but will get easier if you keep playing. You may be looking into all the golf accessories that you will need to get started on the course. But don’t be overwhelmed by the different kinds of golf accessories that are available in the stores and even online. All you need is to get the basic accessories and start playing.
Basic Golf Accessories:
When you’re playing golf the first thing you need to remember is to protect your hands from the swings. Without proper golf gloves, your hands will get wounded after several swings. Golf gloves will help you protect your hands from hand injuries and will also help you to have a good grip on your club.
Golf gloves prices ranges from as low as USD 4 when you get them off the discount rack, to USD 30 if you go for something nice and soft and branded.
Popular Brands Include:
- Under Armour
- PG – one of the cheapest but long lasting gloves we see in South East Asia.
You will also need a pair of good golf shoes along with the gloves. Golf shoes are made in a way which provides traction so that you can have a good form as you swing.
Some Popular Brands Include:
- Footjoy – the most popular golf shoe brand.
- ECCO – known to be a bit more expensive.
- Adidas/Puma/Nike/Under Armour – the usual sports brands that also carry golf shoes.
- Callaway – less famous for their shoes.
Now to keep all your golf clubs you will need a golf bag. Since you are a beginner your golf bag doesn’t need to be complicated as long as it does the job. Your golf bag needs to carry 14 golf clubs, balls, ample water and snacks when you are out on the course playing.
Golf bag prices can range from USD 100 for something super basic, to USD 500 for something nice and fancy. It really depends on what you’re looking for. Some golfers care about the equipment more than the bag that carries it. Some do it the other way, where they care about the look of the bag, more than the equipment it carries.
Which are you? 🙂
Golf Tees and Balls:
Another necessary golf accessory is your golf tees where you put your golf ball on. Tees are often brightly coloured and look like plastic or wooden nails. You don’t need to worry about your golf balls because you can find various golf balls with a different range of price. But as for the beginners it’s better if you start off with the inexpensive ones as you may lose them on the course, and in the water!
Best golf balls of 2019, according to TWO GOLF GUYS:
- Titleist Pro V1 (best overall premium golf ball)
- Taylormade TP5x (best premium ball for distance)
- Titleist Pro V1x (best golf ball for high spin)
- Callaway Chrome Soft (best premium golf ball for the money)
- Bridgestone Tour B RX (best premium golf ball for distance and accuracy)
Tips for Beginners:
- Tees – plastic ones last longer since they don’t break as fast.
- Balls – buy used balls to start off with. In Asia, you can find them sold at street vendors outside golf courses which are usually run by larger syndicates. They provide quality used balls at a fraction of the price of new ones. If you’re not going to be hitting the ball straight most of the time, we suggest you go for these since it wouldn’t hurt the wallet as much when you hit them into the water as if you get new ones 🙂
Your golf clubs are the most essential accessory while you are playing golf. You will be needing several different clubs as you play, including the pitching wedge, the putter, the driver, the sand wedge, the three, five, seven and nine irons and also the three wood. All these clubs are the minimum requirements for a golfer to start the game.
Best golf clubs of 2018 according to Golf Monthly UK:
- PING i500 Forged Review.
- Titleist Vokey SM7 Wedge Review.
- TaylorMade GAPR Range Review.
- Mizuno JPX 919 Irons Review.
- Editors Choice 2018 – Callaway Rogue Sub Zero Driver.
- Ping G400 Drivers Review.
- Scotty Cameron Concept X Putters Revealed.
- TaylorMade M3 Driver Review.
Rent or Buy Golf Accessories:
Many golf courses and sports shops offer to rent golf accessories. But in our opinion, it’s best to have your own accessories which fit you perfectly.
Having your own customized golf clubs will not only help you improve your game but also will give you the feeling of familiarity every time you pick your club. No matter how good your rental club is, it is very important that its size matches with you.
Don’t think too much about starting golf, just do it. If you are passionate about golf then you should give it a try. Starting anything new is always scary but the ending may worth it.
We think after reading our blog you now know which golf accessories to buy. If you want to read more golf related articles click here.
Never golf alone and any time is a good time to start golfing!!!
If you want to buy golf accessories at an affordable price please do visit Deemples Golf Store.